Sunday, November 9, 2008

Lesson #1 of Orienteering

When the day arrived that I had to teach for my C-lab on Orienteering, I ended up coming down with a cold. This cold caused me to lose some of my voice, so I had difficulty speaking loudly. However, I worked with what I had, and tried to speak as loud as I could. I asked the class to listen carefully to me because I would be hard to hear. The lesson for the most part ran smoothly. I had all the students point to the North, South, East, and West. The second task delt with them working in a group and going to certain directions and performing exercises that were on the cards at that location. The hardest part for this lab was giving feedback. When it came time to giving someone feedback my mind would go blank on their name and I would have difficulty coming up with their name fast enough to give them feedback before they ran off to the next station. Also I found it hard to give feedback on the directions people were going. After teaching this lab I now know areas that I need to work on. One would be giving positive congruent feedback, another is working on my projection, and dealing with on the spot situations (losing your voice).

No comments: